The Lenoir Forums Version 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay and lesbian teachers...

2 posters

Go down

Gay and lesbian teachers... Empty Gay and lesbian teachers...

Post by CDCeltown Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:57 pm

While in high school, I had three gay teachers (two were women, one was a guy). Now, I wouldn't have even known their sexual orientation, but when I had teachers that I liked, I tended to try to get to know them as people (no, not sexually, get your mind out of the gutter). One of em, I'm actually not even 100% sure about, but it was pretty obvious to me. Of course I won't say their names, so as not to get them in any trouble.

I may have had some in college too, I dunno, I didn't ask any of them.

Anyway. Just wondering if anyone ACTUALLY thinks this is an issue. I mean, from my standpoint... I don't think it had ANY effect on their teaching ability. Still, not a year goes by that I don't hear something about it.

Eh?
CDCeltown
CDCeltown
Admin

http://www.locriansfire.com

Back to top Go down

Gay and lesbian teachers... Empty Re: Gay and lesbian teachers...

Post by a new beggining Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:52 am

On the teaching. NO. My belief is if its known that they are gay that doesn't matter just don't try to say its ok and force it down children's throats that it is. Thats to say to some it is OK and to others it is not. I think it should fall with the religion. They (teachers) can say what religion they are if asked by a student but they can't teach it. That should go the same for sexual preferences.
a new beggining
a new beggining

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum