I hate to be THAT guy....

Go down

I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by CDCeltown on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:40 am

...but I really HOPE these forums turn out well.

In all honesty.. I've tried to stay on the old, lesser, Lenoir forums for a bit, since we've made this electronic utopia, but to be honest... I'm REALLY not capable.

You'd think, with my opinions and such, that I'd be a stronger person. You would be wrong.

Every time I get on the old Lenoir forums... I get in a bad mood... in real life.

It sounds stupid, I know... but trust me... I've been posting on about 30 forums since I was a kid. None of them have EVER annoyed me this much.

Of course I'm not talking to the smart people.... GV... suga... chass.... iku... any of you guys. You're all great with talking.

But when I go on the old lenoir forums, I tend to get annoyed very easily with people... and I don't know why. I suppose I'm just not capable of dealing with people who can't see 5 inches in front of their noses.

Case in point... I mentioned sometime yesterday... me... attacking god. I knew as I was typing this... someone would take it literal, and think I was ACTUALLY TRYING TO ATTACK A GOD.

I knew it would happen... but I posted it anyway, hoping no one would be that dense. As we know, I'm an atheist... I don't believe in god... yadda, yadda, yadda.... whatever.

STILL.. someone HAD to come out and say "WELL IF YOU'RE ATTACKING GOD... YOU MUST BELIEVE HE EXISTS."

Must I believe in something to reference it? I FUCKING LOVE Harry Potter. I talk about the books all the time... doesn't mean I believe he exists.

Same thing goes for Catcher in the rye and Holden Caulfield. Same thing goes for Moby Dick, and Captian Ahab.

But these people PICK AND DIG for what they want to find. They aren't looking for good arguments... they're looking for ANY kind of loophole just to further drive home their point.

I'm not that cheap.. and I refuse to go further in this kind of bullshit.

So here I sit... hoping for better.

I don't play arguments like that. Anything you have to say, I will either clearly attack, or I will admit, that I'm wrong.

So this is me saying on MY forum... I'm done over there.
avatar
CDCeltown
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2009-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Eltown, NC

http://www.locriansfire.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by suga suga on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:15 am

I know what you mean. I think they don't have anything better to do than to sit there and dissect a post. Maybe they are all jobless and bitter and need somewhere to take it out.
avatar
suga suga

Posts : 29
Join date : 2009-07-11
Location : Lenoir

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:39 pm

The ones that cause the troubles are small minded people. Some of them just need to say no to drugs. It's a site filled with prejudiced, jealousy, and hate. Should be taken off the net.[b]
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by GV4L on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Most of the people over there are extremely narcissistic, annoying, and closed minded. I don't mind burning my bridge withy them, especially knowing that I have a great place like this to hang with people who are not looking to play “trivial dispute” on every single thread.

I think this was a brilliant idea!

BTW CDC… I like your Mom! I see where you get all them smarts from… Good to have her on board… Very Happy
avatar
GV4L

Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Onalish on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 pm

GV4L wrote:Most of the people over there are extremely narcissistic, annoying, and closed minded. I don't mind burning my bridge withy them, especially knowing that I have a great place like this to hang with people who are not looking to play “trivial dispute” on every single thread.

I think this was a brilliant idea!

BTW CDC… I like your Mom! I see where you get all them smarts from… Good to have her on board… Very Happy

His mom is awesome!

_________________
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
~ Albert Einstein

avatar
Onalish

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-07-10
Age : 28
Location : Eltown

http://www.myspace.com/onalish

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:45 pm

suga suga wrote:I know what you mean. I think they don't have anything better to do than to sit there and dissect a post. Maybe they are all jobless and bitter and need somewhere to take it out.
They could find jobs if most of them weren't felons or just too lazy to work. I had several of those nuts stalking me for awhile. I had to put a stop to that. One was a federal felon. The others that were working with her didn't know that until they got caught trying to watch my house. The reason they were stalking me was partly racial and partly because I was friends with the felon's x-husband's wife and her family. From that incident, I found out who a dozen or more other "topix posters" are and let's just say, I don't want them as friends in real life or in cyberspace. LOL
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by EltownMom on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Oh, um Chass, I had a felony about 17 years ago! However I am no longer bitter, I just dated the wrong guy, oddly enough he is dead now.
Felons have to be looked at as individuals not as felons. There are classes of felony's and they range from Class A to class H. H being the least. Child abuse, rape, pedophilia, murder and drugs all fall into class A and B. While nicking a candy bar from a store is a class C. Now here is the fun part. You can sell pirated movies and games and have less than 100 pieces of product and it is not a felony. If you get caught with .....oh say an oz of pot, you bought for your self it is a B felony but if a young ( I won't say his name) races a car and someone gets killed it only a C felony and you don't even have to go to jail. As I write this I wonder how I can never remember trash day but I can remember this stuff! I hope your stalking troubles are over that is just crazy stuff.

EltownMom

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 pm

EltownMom wrote:Oh, um Chass, I had a felony about 17 years ago! However I am no longer bitter, I just dated the wrong guy, oddly enough he is dead now.
Felons have to be looked at as individuals not as felons. There are classes of felony's and they range from Class A to class H. H being the least. Child abuse, rape, pedophilia, murder and drugs all fall into class A and B. While nicking a candy bar from a store is a class C. Now here is the fun part. You can sell pirated movies and games and have less than 100 pieces of product and it is not a felony. If you get caught with .....oh say an oz of pot, you bought for your self it is a B felony but if a young ( I won't say his name) races a car and someone gets killed it only a C felony and you don't even have to go to jail. As I write this I wonder how I can never remember trash day but I can remember this stuff! I hope your stalking troubles are over that is just crazy stuff.
Not all felons are still doing things in the wrong way. I'm pretty sure the stalking is over since I found all the people involved. I've knows people who had felony charges, yet worked at jobs and did a great job supervising others. And I've know others who never turned their life around. 17 years is a long time. There is no need to be bitter because if you get caught you're caught. Sorry if I brought up bad memories.
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by EltownMom on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 pm

I didn't want you to think I was being nasty, I just had some issues with job hunting after the whole court thing. It bothers me that so many people just DECIDE, that because you find yourself in a no win situation. You must wear a big F on your proverbial sleeve, and you are cast as this person that is no longer worthy. It hurts a person to know that their life is tied to a stupid mistake, and that many years later, the stain remains. I will admit that I have many human failings, but I am also smart, and as a single mother, the fact that my offspring have never been in jail, both went through and graduated, must say I am not a statistic!

EltownMom

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by CDCeltown on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:35 pm

I like my mom too. She's a great person, and raised me well. She's a bit misguided though on certain subjects. Buuut, I suppose if I agreed with my mother on everything, I'd not be the person she raised.
avatar
CDCeltown
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2009-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Eltown, NC

http://www.locriansfire.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:04 pm

EltownMom wrote:Oh, um Chass, I had a felony about 17 years ago! However I am no longer bitter, I just dated the wrong guy, oddly enough he is dead now.
Felons have to be looked at as individuals not as felons. There are classes of felony's and they range from Class A to class H. H being the least. Child abuse, rape, pedophilia, murder and drugs all fall into class A and B. While nicking a candy bar from a store is a class C. Now here is the fun part. You can sell pirated movies and games and have less than 100 pieces of product and it is not a felony. If you get caught with .....oh say an oz of pot, you bought for your self it is a B felony but if a young ( I won't say his name) races a car and someone gets killed it only a C felony and you don't even have to go to jail. As I write this I wonder how I can never remember trash day but I can remember this stuff! I hope your stalking troubles are over that is just crazy stuff.
I maybe should have stated my feelings differently and said those that cause trouble are habitual felons or people that come to you house and steal your prescription drugs or break into your home later on. OR maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut. I think rules about jobs are so strict now at some places. I guess the hard times does that and it's really not fair. I'm sure you're a good person and you're welcome at this ole house anytime. I know from your saying you are determined to finish your degree that you are an ambitious person that wants to succeed in the right ways. That's enough to convince me!
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:12 pm

I never got to drink or mess with drugs all that much because I was always taking care of those who were doing them or drinking! LOL Most of the kids I grew up around were 5 to 8 years older than me. Growing up those kids babied me and taught me all sorts of stuff. Later on when I was about 13, looking 25 years old, they taught me how to be the designated driver and the emergency nurse. Looking back now I find that amusing. Never then did I think anything could go wrong like an overdose or alcohol poisioning. These people were cool, really cool. Everyone liked them, even if they did wild stuff. They had money, talent, new cars, fine clothing and they loved me enough to share anything they had with me. When I did grow up to be 18 I didn't care about partying cause I'd been taught to take care of all the partiers. My brother, however, was quite the opposite. Every possible thing he could do wrong, he did it. I got into security work just to help him out of his legal situations. He was all messed up legally until he was about 53, then he just mellowed out. I thought of myself as being so right, but looking back I was just an enabeler to some of those people. Jeeze, how I love my peaceful live with the plants and the animals and the religious man I married. (I'm spiritual, but not religious). My funny life!
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by EltownMom on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Thats Ok because a lot of my kids friends have run into seriously hard times and I have tried so hard to be there for most of them but it isn't easy trying to do the right thing all the time. And I looked 25 when I was 13 too so I get your point. When i was growing up all I ever really wanted was to fall in love, get married and have a house full of kids. Well I got married and divorced, and pretty much adopted all of Holly and Josh's friends. Some have moved in for a while and some I had to send packing. I am going to get Holly's best friend since 4th grade in Savannah next Sunday. We lost him for a while, his family lived in New Orleans during Katrina and we hunted but she just last week found him.

CDC has some of those really cool friends, and they worry me so much, most of them I have known so long. I am so afraid I'll be at their funeral and it really bothers me. I have learned that some of them will actually call if they need help and the ones that don't are the ones that always land on their feet. As to their parties, as long as nothing comes around that isn't anything more than drinking or weed. I can deal with it, I used to hate to hear someone say they wanted their kids to do it at home because it always sounded like they were saying it's OK to do it, but then Josh got older and he'd drink and at first I was really freaked out because I had totally stopped drinking, hell I didn't have time to drink!!! Then my aunt Lynda who is June Cleaver with way too much attitude, told me that she had allowed her son Bennie to drink at home when he was 18. So I figured it would be OK. I had been letting Holly and Josh have a glass of Champagne at New Years forever. To make a long story short. I think my kids turned out great. I could not be more proud. They both are very bright talented individuals with many great things to give this world.

EltownMom

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:29 pm

EltownMom wrote:Thats Ok because a lot of my kids friends have run into seriously hard times and I have tried so hard to be there for most of them but it isn't easy trying to do the right thing all the time. And I looked 25 when I was 13 too so I get your point. When i was growing up all I ever really wanted was to fall in love, get married and have a house full of kids. Well I got married and divorced, and pretty much adopted all of Holly and Josh's friends. Some have moved in for a while and some I had to send packing. I am going to get Holly's best friend since 4th grade in Savannah next Sunday. We lost him for a while, his family lived in New Orleans during Katrina and we hunted but she just last week found him.

CDC has some of those really cool friends, and they worry me so much, most of them I have known so long. I am so afraid I'll be at their funeral and it really bothers me. I have learned that some of them will actually call if they need help and the ones that don't are the ones that always land on their feet. As to their parties, as long as nothing comes around that isn't anything more than drinking or weed. I can deal with it, I used to hate to hear someone say they wanted their kids to do it at home because it always sounded like they were saying it's OK to do it, but then Josh got older and he'd drink and at first I was really freaked out because I had totally stopped drinking, hell I didn't have time to drink!!! Then my aunt Lynda who is June Cleaver with way too much attitude, told me that she had allowed her son Bennie to drink at home when he was 18. So I figured it would be OK. I had been letting Holly and Josh have a glass of Champagne at New Years forever. To make a long story short. I think my kids turned out great. I could not be more proud. They both are very bright talented individuals with many great things to give this world.
A lot of the people I knew died young, too. I made new friends from the places where I worked. I was always luck to have work to do most of the time. When I wasn't working I always went to school. I never had time to drink too much or do drugs except what the Dr. gave me. Believe me, that was a plenty for me. You're luck that your kids are doing so well. I have a niece and a nephew that seem to be doing good. Those kids are much different than my brother or even me at their age. Life is different for this generation. Maybe it's because they have more education and people respect kids more now than when I was younger.
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by CDCeltown on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:00 am

I'm only 24, and I've had ... SO many friends die... and leave good mothers alone... to fend for themselves, and to search for meaning. There absolutely cannot be a god. I'm sorry.
avatar
CDCeltown
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2009-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Eltown, NC

http://www.locriansfire.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:06 pm

CDCeltown wrote:I'm only 24, and I've had ... SO many friends die... and leave good mothers alone... to fend for themselves, and to search for meaning. There absolutely cannot be a god. I'm sorry.
I can't understand things like that either. Why? My husband is a very dedicated man to religion, but he can't explain to me why God can be so cruel.
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by CDCeltown on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:48 pm

That's really just it. I don't think god is cruel. I don't think he does anything. I think kids (and adults) make mistakes, and sometimes have to pay for them with their lives. It's a sad, sad thing... but saying it's god's will, to me... just cheapens their entire existence.

If I had to ask myself why god allowed this person to die, every time someone died, I'd run myself insane. If he's working in mysterious ways, I'm sorry to say, I don't like his ways very much.

Really I can use all the reason and logic I want with the god thing, but it all comes back to the fact that I can not see any justifiable reason to have children starve to death, allow young girls to be raped repeatedly by their fathers, and willfully create situations for mothers to lose their children to excess.

If it's god's will, we just have to accept things like this as a fact, and assume they're just going to happen. If it's up to us, that creates the possibility of less suffering in the future.
avatar
CDCeltown
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2009-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Eltown, NC

http://www.locriansfire.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by EltownMom on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:36 am

I don't think Gods actual will is in play, I think this thing (I call God) wants to see what we are going to do about the shit he throws our way. To see if we help the starving children. Its my opinion that whatever role the weak and powerless play in our world they will get their much deserved pay in the end. There are going to always be pawns in this world and I think he judges the stronger, smarter, more savvy person by the way they treat the less fortunate. It isn't the way I'd do it but, I didn't make the people, so I can't be judgmental.

EltownMom

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by CDCeltown on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:14 am

Well, you tell the people who have to starve to death that they're the pawns. I'm sure they'll understand.
avatar
CDCeltown
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2009-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Eltown, NC

http://www.locriansfire.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by GV4L on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 am

God needs to be reprimanded as he has being doing a shitty job for a long time. Evil or Very Mad
avatar
GV4L

Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by EltownMom on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh come on people.....If you didn't have God to complain about then you would find something else to disbelieve so vehemently. CDC has a good friend ( and he isn't completely unintelligent) thats believes the US gov is putting poor people in concentration camps, and yet another believes that airplane trails are Valium that the gov is trying to make us all zombie types. All I am saying is everyone has their own ideas and we should respect them....even though some are kind of....well, batshit crazy!

EltownMom

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:38 am

CDCeltown wrote:Well, you tell the people who have to starve to death that they're the pawns. I'm sure they'll understand.
I may be simple minded, but in a world such as ours I don't know why people can't help each other. I know everyone needs something or wants something. The next person over may have a big surplus of what someone needs and someone might have a big surplus of what the next person over needs. Why can't we see others' needs and give what we have more than enough? I worked at a college for several years. When the kids went home they have to throw out what they could not pack in their cars or carry on the planes. Imagine! Nothing was that old and think about 2000 students all dumping a good part of what they had in the trash. I started a movement for those who had things they didn't want to call me and let me find a home for it. I called everyone I knew and finally got together at least a dozen people with trucks or vans to come get the stuff so we could distribute it to people in these old mobile homes that our former mayor, Robert Gibbons rented out to the very poor and most disabled people in this area. Together we took tv's stereos, microwaves, sheets, towels, soaps and toiletries far better than they have, if they had any at all, lamps, books, dvds and movies.
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Chassidida on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:45 am

Whoever, whatever make the world go around helps those who help themselves! I think if I do a positive deed than that makes my day better. Too many negative people in the world have caused this depression we are in. Too many people who think material things, controlling others, knocking someone off their high horse or bringing someone down isn't getting anyone anywhere. Our country is running out of money. Our world is running out of natural resources and all of it is because of poor management by human beings. I don't think there is any mystical force that is going to come down to Earth and fix the problems. It's up to us Earthlings.
avatar
Chassidida

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : Lenoir, NC

http://barterbucks.us

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to be THAT guy....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum